$ 825.00 (double occupancy)
$ 1,185.00 (single occupancy)
Vinius - Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva****
Riga - Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija****
Tallinn - Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia****
Listed hotels will be used on all tours. If changes become necessary for any reason, substitute hotels will be similar to those listed.
* 7 nights at 4* centrally located hotels
* Daily buffet breakfast
* Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
* Personalised welcome package
* Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
* Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
* Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on all tours
* Service of Portuguese speaking tour escort on tour: Jun 05, Jun 19, Jul 17, Aug 07, Sep 04
* Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
* Luggage handling at the hotels
Welcome to Vilnius where you will begin your tour of the Baltic countries. Optional transfer to hotel, check-in, welcome meeting.
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, hotel check-in.
Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, hotel check-in.
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Your tour of the Baltic countries ends today. After breakfast there will be optional transfers to the airport.
min-2 pax, max-35 pax
* Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva: $42 for private car (1-3 persons), $66 for private minivan (4-7persons)
* 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: $48 pp
* Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: $48 pp
* 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: $60 pp
* 3-hour excursion to the Open Air Museum: $48 pp
* Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: $42 pp
* 4-hour excursion to Jurmala with City Museum: $48 pp
* Latvian dinner at Restaurant La Boheme: $48 pp
* 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: $48 pp
* Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: $48 pp
* Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia to airport: $42 for private car (1-3 persons), $66 for private minivan (4-7persons)
* Half board at hotels (7 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): $222 pp