$ 825.00 (double occupancy)
$ 1,185.00 (single occupancy)
Vilnius - "Radisson Blu Lietuva" 4****
Klaipeda - "Hotel National" 4****
Riga - "Radisson Blu Latvia" 4****
Tallinn - "Radisson Blu Olympia" 4****
Listed hotels will be used on all tours. If changes become necessary for any reason, substitute hotels will be similar to those listed.
* 7 nights at 4* centrally located hotels
* Daily buffet breakfast
* Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
* Personalised welcome package
* Entrances to Old University in Vilnius and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
* Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
* Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
* Portage at hotels
Welcome to Vilnius! Today we begin our tour of the Baltic capitals. There will be optional transfers to hotel where you will check-in and attend a welcome meeting.
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anna’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. After the tour we continue to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania and we visit the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. The balance of the day is spent en route to Klaipeda, where we arrive late afternoon. Hotel check-in.
The day is reserved for a full-day optional tour to the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Our first stop is the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante. After that we continue to Nida, where we visit the High Dunes, Thomas Mann’s summerhouse and get acquainted with the charming resort town before we drive back to Klaipeda. The evening offers an optional Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th Century.
Klaipeda first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and had a long history as a German town called Memel. A short sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with its narrow, cobblestone streets and old guild houses and we visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain. We now continue to the Samogitia National Park, where we embark on a walking tour around the picturesque Lake Plateliai. After that we continue to Siauliai and Cross Hills, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. We head North into Latvia and reach Riga in the afternoon, hotel check-in. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, hotel check-in.
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Your tour of the Baltics ends today in Tallinn. Optional transfers to the airport will take place after breakfast.
min-2 pax, max-35 pax
Optional add-ons (per person):
* Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva: $42.00 for private car (1-3 persons), $66.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
* 8-hour excursion to the Curonian Spit: $96.00
* Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th Century: $42.00
* Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: $42.00
* 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: $48.00
* Latvian dinner at Restaurant La Boheme: $48.00
* 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: $48.00
* Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: $48.00
* Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia to airport: $42.00 for private car (1-3 persons), $66.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
* Half board at hotels (7 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): $222.00
* Services of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort (in addition to English and German) are offered on Jun 12, 26, Jul 10, 24, Aug 07, 21 tours